Friday, September 21, 2012

Value Portrait Drawing


1. In order to make this drawing, we took pictures of other people in the class and traced the shapes of the shadows onto tracing paper. We then shaded the backside of the tracing paper, and turned it over to trace back onto a clean sheet of paper. When we finally had the outlines of the shadows on our paper, we began shading the shapes according to how they looked in the photograph.
2. I found the different values in the portrait by starting with the shadows that were of a medium shade. Then, I worked my way towards the lighter shadows, and eventually the darker ones.

3. I did achieve a full range of different values within my portrait. I had to make sure I shaded the shadows exactly as they were shown. My portrait isn't perfect, but at least it shows that I'm not afraid of the dark.

4. I like to think that my art is "executed and crafted neatly," but I think everyone has a different opinion. Mine at least is that I did a pretty good job for the most part.

5. I had a hard time drawing her hair on the right side (of the photo), the shading was awkward and I couldn't figure out how to make it look good. However, I eventually managed to get her hair to look decent and am quite satisfied with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment